The Sri Sathya Sai Old Age Home was established in Bhairahawa in 2002. It serves 18 senior citizens under very homely and loving care. Typical day of the inmates starts and ends with bhajan. Every care is taken to maintain the place not only as a physical shelter but as a place that offers solace and homely care to senior citizens who are otherwise abandoned by their kith and kin. All the services provided are free of cost.
The objectives of the Ashram are as follows:
1. To provide the residents with free shelter, food, and clothing.
2. To provide them with free medical facilities.
3. To create a family-like atmosphere by treating them with love and care.
4. To make them as independent as possible.
5. To inspire them to participate in the spiritual activities conducted by the Ashram.
The day to day affairs of the ashram are overseen by a working committee, constituted under the regulations framed by the Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust of Nepal. A cadre of volunteers works on a weekly basis to provide necessary services and assistance to the residents. Thirteen beneficiaries (9 Female and 4 Male) are currently (2015) residing at the ashram.