The Sri Sathya Sai Briddhashram (Old Age Home) was established in Bhairahawa in the year 2002. It provides residential facilities to persons above the age of sixty who are either underprivileged or do not have anybody to look after them.
The objectives of the Ashram are as follows:
1. To provide the residents with free shelter, food, and clothing.
2. To provide them with free medical facilities.
3. To create a family-like atmosphere by treating them with love and care.
4. To make them as independent as possible.
5. To inspire them to participate in the spiritual activities conducted by the Ashram.
The day to day affairs of the ashram are overseen by a working committee, constituted under the regulations framed by the Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust of Nepal. A cadre of volunteers works on a weekly basis to provide necessary services and assistance to the residents. Thirteen beneficiaries (9 Female and 4 Male) are currently (2015) residing at the ashram.